Altair Inspire™ enables design engineers, product designers, and architects to create and investigate structurally efficient concepts quickly and easily.
Traditional structural simulations allow engineers to check if a design will support the required loads. Inspire enhances this process by generating a new material layout within a package space using the loads as an input. The software is easy to learn and works with existing CAD tools to help design structural parts right the first time, reducing costs, development time, material consumption, and product weight. To request a trial license, click here.
solidThinking Inspire Highlights
- Structurally efficient concept generation with topology optimization
- Generate concepts which meet structural performance requirements earlier in the design cycle.
- Bone growth algorithm makes the most efficient use of material to satisfy structural goals and requirements
- Perform "what-if" scenarios in a package space applying connections, load cases, and shape controls
- Investigate linear static and normal modes analysis
- Minimize mass and material consumption
solidThinking Inspire Optimization Options
- Optimization Objectives - Choose to either maximize stiffness or minimize mass.
- Stress Constraints - A global stress constraint can be applied to limit the maximum stress in the model during optimization.
- Displacement Constraints – Displacement constraints can be applied to a model to limit deflections in desired locations and directions.
solidThinking Inspire Manufacturing Shape Controls
- Symmetry Planes – Force asymmetric design spaces to generate optimized symmetric shapes
- Cyclic Repetition – Create cyclically repeating shapes like propellers or wheels
- Draw Directions – Generate shapes that can be easily molded or stamped by applying single or split draw directions
- Extrusion Shape Control - Generates constant cross-section topologies in a specified direction
solidThinking Inspire Analysis
Investigate linear static and normal modes analysis on a model and visualize displacement, factor of safety, percent of yield, tension and compression, von Mises stress, and major principal stress.